Unable to install V2.0

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I have been using your version 1.0 on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. Great software. I am running two disks externally. I noticed V2.0 and downloaded it but I am unable to get it to install. The error message reads that NoSleepHD has stopped working. I then installed .net framwork 4 as I read one of your discussions which said that it needed .net framework 2 and MS updates had only installed .netframework 1.1 on my pc. (Not sure why MS updates is not keeping the software updated). Any ideas on what is the problem could be? Cheers

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Hi, I'm running v2 on Windows 7 x64. I used compatability mode - vista sp2, run as administrator. Seems fine so far. ( I had the same error as yourself initially)

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Actually, now I'm running it, it works ok, however, once minimized to the system tray, I am unable to access it to look at the menu. Right click or left click, nothing happens.

Oops, double clicking the tray icon works.

May 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Don't forget, you can go to the properties of the file and choose the default as "run as administrator" which is what I needed to run the program in windows 7. Also, choose to unblock it there as well since windows 7 and Vista always ask for permission when opening random .EXE files.