This project is read-only.

xcellent, just what i needed

May 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

hate my usb drive, which is pretty much permanetly connected, spinning down and then taking so long to come up again (just an annoyance).

so a feature or two that would be great:

some type of scheduler:   would love to say "between 2am and 10am, feel free to spin down"

screen-saver mode: if the screensaver starts (or the computer is "idle" for "x" minute) then feel free to spin down

basically, i only want it up and going if i am using the computer (but perhaps not the drive every 10 minutes).  i realize right now i can start/stop it; but, well, good luck remembering that :)

again, thanks for this tho!

Oct 14, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM

This, indeed, is an urgently needed Tool by the owners of most Western Digital external USB HDDs that cannot be configured to a permanent running mode. (Cripples!).

But I didn't find a feature to disable a one time configured drive letter to survey.

Problem: if, let's say, three drive letters (E:,F:,G:) are configured to survey but only one drive is connected at that time, the program waits for the other drives to come up instead of becoming active to the drive already busy.

As there is no option to disable the survey of the other drive letters of  HDDs not  connected, the only solution is to set all activated options for drive letters to the same (connected) HDD! This is clumsy.

Also, I didn'find the place in registry to disable drive letters on times configured that way.

This seems to me a real bug to repair.

Greets Emerson