!NoSleep v1.0 by Ashutosh Agarwal
After getting irritated several times because my extertnal hard disk goes to sleep and does not wake up, I decided to search for a solution, but found nothing for Windows Vista WD Studio 1Tb
StudioXPS16 + eSATA Connection.
So, I decided to solve it myself. I got the idea from a similar solution for OS X which can be found here
NoSleep is a simple program which writes an empty text file every few minutes to your external hard disk drive to keep it from going into auto-sleep mode. Usually auto sleep timer in external hard disks is 10 Minutes.
Features of the program:
- Stops the External Hard Drive going to Auto-Sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.
- Only takes a few bytes on the disk.
- Can be minimized to the Status Bar.
- User can Set the Timer (Maximum 15).
- Compatible with all versions of Windows?
Hope this program solves the irritating Auto-Sleep problem :)